The CYAA is proud to offer two $500 scholarships to one 8th grade boy and one girl graduating from our program. The scholarship is not based on ability but on how player displays leadership, teamwork, religious qualities and overall contributions to the program, its players and in school. Examples include acting as a team leader at practice and act games, volunteering as a coach for our younger teams or helping as a server for the Pasta Dinner Fundraiser. The scholarships will be awarded each May and the deadline to submit applications is March 31, 2019. Players interested in applying must comply with the following:
- Complete and submit scholarship application
- Must plan to attend LCHS the following year but does not have to be on the LCHS soccer team
- Must be a current member of the CYAA program
- Must have played for three years with the CYAA program
- Is open to all players, regardless of the school they are currently attending
- Must submit a one page typed narrative on how they display leadership, teamwork, and religious characteristics as well as what they’ve gained from participating in the program
- Must obtain typed letter from sponsor (teacher, coach, non-family member) on these same items. Along with the letter, the sponsor must also complete and submit sponsor form on behalf of the player.
- The current or past coach will be asked to complete coach evaluation form and provide feedback on the player.
- After being submitted, the player’s names will be removed from the application and two independent persons would review and rank the applicants 1 through 3. In the event of a tie, the league director will make the final decision on a winner. Judges will rotate between and include principals from the local Catholic Elementary Schools and the Executive Pastor at St. John Neumann.