Coaches and volunteers are always needed and we welcome any parent or guardian that is interested in volunteering. All coaches and volunteers must complete the Diocesan clearance program. If you have an interest in volunteering as a coach or in another capacity such as assisting with fundraisers, please contact the league director.
Diocese of Harrisburg Youth Protection Clearance Instructions
Proper clearances must be obtained by any adult (age 18 yrs+) who wishes to be a volunteer or coach in the Diocese of Harrisburg. The steps outlined below will aid you in obtaining all of the clearances necessary to be involved with the Youth of our Diocese. Please follow the steps fully and efficiently as processing of some of the steps by State and Government agencies take a number of weeks to complete.
1. Complete the Diocese of Harrisburg disclosure form - Download Form. Make sure to sign the form where appropriate.
2. State Police Background check – visit website listed below
- Create a User ID & Password for the site as a new user
- Complete the required information and submit
- There is a small fee to complete this process. You will need a credit card to process this request.
- Process time of your request is about 2-4 weeks.
- You will receive your report in the mail. The original document is needed in order to process your clearance request to the Diocese.
3. Department of Public Welfare – Child Abuse Clearance – visit website listed below:
- Follow instructions on web page to complete document and print the form.
- Once form is printed you will need to mail the form, along with a $10
- MONEY ORDER (not a personal check), payable to the Department of Public Welfare.
- Allow 3-5 weeks for receipt of your report in the mail
4. Complete and pass the online training provided by the Diocese of Harrisburg, Youth Protection Department – visit website listed below.
5. Concussion Certificate: (coaches and assistant coaches)
Time: 30 min to complete. Have to renew every year.
6. 2019-20 EPYSA Risk Management: FREE. Have to renew annually.
7. Once you have obtained all of your ORIGINAL reports, including the Diocese of Harrisburg disclosure form, please submit forms to the following:
- CYAA Risk Manager - Sean Reynolds, (firstname.lastname@example.org)