Participation and Eligibility Requirements and Acknowledgement
GRADE SCHOOL LEVEL (Sections 1-4)
- SECTION 1. Age – Participants must not have reached their 15th birthday before September 1st of the current year for which a roster is being filed.
- SECTION 2. Grade Level – Participants must be in the eighth grade or lower. Any student repeating the eighth grade is ineligible to participate in the CYO grade school level.
- SECTION 3. Parish Requirement – Participant’s parents or legal guardians must be a registered member of the parish for which they play by September 1st of the current school year, notwithstanding the provisions of Section 6 of this Article.
- SECTION 4. Religious Education Requirements – In order to participate in CYO Basketball in the Diocese of Harrisburg, a student must meet one of the following Religious Education Requirements:
a. PAROCHIAL SCHOOL: Be a baptized Catholic or a non-Catholic attending the Catholic School for which they play/manage.
b. PARISH RELIGIOUS EDUCATION PROGRAM: Be a baptized Catholic who attends Parish Religious Education classes and is a registered member of the parish for which they play/manage.
c. RITE OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION OF ADULTS (RCIA): Be enrolled in and participating in the RCIA (Adapted for Children) Process and be a registered member of the parish for which they play/manage
d. HOME SCHOOL RELIGIOUS EDUCATION: Be a baptized Catholic who receives Religious Education classes at home and is a registered member of the parish for which they play/manage.
- SECTION 5, Participating on Another Basketball Team — Any girl/boy who is or was on an interscholastic varsity, junior varsity, freshman, high school or middle school basketball team after December 1st of the current season, in which their team’s roster is filed with the Diocesan CYO Director, is ineligible to participate in Diocesan CYO Basketball for that season.
To register click here register